Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Fastpitch Fever

My daughter Rose has been playing softball for several years since age 6. She now plays for a 10U team in Austin. It's a sport that she enjoys, and I am glad to have been able to coach her for now. She started pitching last season and enjoyed some success initially, kinda unusual for a young pitcher. Some bad habits crept in toward the end of the seaon though. Anyway I will chronicle her pitching performance through this blog. I also hope to share with others my own equipment reviews and training methods.

Some of my training methods include agility drills. It's my belief that developing core athleticism will benefit young athletes, whether they decide to continue with softball or go onto other sports, as many girls often do. I have done some drills with Rose and already there is improvement. You'll no doubt find many drills online, but I think many of them do not really pertain to softball. I hope to modify some of the drills to make them more fun for kids and more applicable to softball.

Fastpitch Fever - Catch It!

No comments:

Post a Comment